Research Assistant in Computational Biology
We are currently generating a large dataset containing information on single-cell transcriptomic profiling (10X snRNA-seq) of adult brain and on bulk transcriptomics in reprogrammed human iPSC cultures.
We seek a highly motivated computational biologist/bioinformatician to be involved in the processing and interpretation of a series of exciting datasets.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- The candidate will have a PhD or equivalent degree in neuroscience, bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics or related subject areas.
- Experience in programming (R/Python), machine learning, statistics and genomics.
- Extensive experience with analysis of single-cell RNA sequencing datasets.
- Experience with ATAC-seq, spatial transcriptomics and bulk RNA sequencing analysis is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as proficiency in spoken and written English, are expected.
- Keen interest in collaborative research.
- Experience with high-performance computing cluster environments would be an advantage.
- A doctoral degree, or an equivalent thereof, in neuroscience, bioinformatics, or computer science would be an advantage but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to work with novel, exciting datasets.
- Mentoring, supervision and training.
- Access to state-of-the art infrastructure and work conditions.
- A stimulating, innovative and dynamic international research environment.
- Possibility to develop your own projects and apply for third-party funding.
- Flexible working time arrangements.
The position is for a period of three years. Initially, the appointment is for one year with the option for an extension for the remaining period pending on an evaluation. Pending on evaluation this may be further extended.
Depending on education and relevant work experience, the gross monthly salary based on full-time employment (1 FTE, 38 hours a week) varies between €2.960, – and € 4.670,- gross per month (salary scale 10), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU/KNAW), excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. There are excellent fringe benefits.
1st November 2022 (flexible)
For additional information, please contact Dr. E. Salta ([email protected]).
More information about the laboratory can be found on: https://intranet.nin.nl/research/researchgroups/salta-group/
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Applicants are welcomed to submit their application through (and only through, do not use the apply button on this page) the online form here until 1st November 2022.
Evaluation of candidates will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.